In this episode, I hope we’ll get back to something like normal. Wait, wait, don’t all switch off or skip to the next show in your podcast player. Surely YOU are gagging for football as much as we are?! We recorded this in the first week of June 2020 and there are a couple of key dates coming up in the near future; the Veikkausliiga is due to kick off from the 1st July and the Suomen Cup has matches scheduled from 16th June.
We look at those Suomen Cup fixtures and then start to prepare for the Veikkausliiga kick off, by looking at the transfers that have taken place during the extended closed season. All EIGHT months of it! 😫 This show was pulled together all of a sudden (with two weeks planning!) but we won’t have all the usual features this time. We’ll bring back ‘Ja sillä sipuli’ and ‘Following’ next time, we promise.
The show is now recorded on Zoom & published on PodBean. Follow the Finnish Football Show on PodBean for announcements of future episodes and to join any future live shows.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
- Suomen Cup preview – tricky to assess the form of teams that have not played for three months.
- Clubs’ pre-season preparations – comparing the clubs whose players have remained in training, versus those that were furloughed or out working on farms!
- Will fans be able to watch Veikkausliiga games in the stadiums?
- A few sexy new third kits have been launched, notably SJK Seinäjoki (left) & HJK Helsinki (as modelled by Woody)
- We discuss transfers in and out for all 12 Veikkausliiga teams – some in more detail than others! These can be seen, in full, on the Veikkausliiga website
- We discuss our expectations for the league season (and we vow to get a predictions episode out before the season starts)
Join our new Facebook page for advanced warning of the next Show. There you will also find the link to our Facebook Group, if you want to join or, better still, instigate a conversation!
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- FFS Instagram Page
- Keke’s fancy new FFS YouTube Channel – he really made the most of the lockdown for the Finnish Football Show, thanks Keke!
You could also follow one (or all) of us on Twitter: