The summer of Finnish football continues apace, so Mark W, Rich & Keke got together to bring you an update on the Veikkausliiga season, now at the halfway stage. We also previewed the Women’s Euro 2022 competition, as Finland prepares to take on Spain, Denmark and Germany.
The Suomen Cup is now at the quarter final stage, so we look back at the 6th round and preview the quarter finals – the results are in the blog post, so you can see how accurate we were! Finally, we look forward to next week’s UEFA club competitons, which see HJK, KuPS, Inter and SJK in actionnns overseas, many successes and just a few disappointments.
The show is now recorded on Zoom & published on PodBean. Follow the Finnish Football Show on PodBean for announcements of future episodes and to join any future live shows.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
VEIKKAUSLIIGA UPDATE – HALFWAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON
League & Top-scorer Tables 27.6.2022
WOMEN’S EURO 2022
27.6 Friendly Result: Finland 1-5 Japan
2.7 Friendly Fixture: Netherlands vs Finland
Women’s Euro 2022
Support the FFS cause
FFS STORE ON TEEPUBLIC
FFS MUGS ON REDBUBBLE
DONATE TO THE RUNNING OF THE SHOW
- Also, you can make a donation via the website Support the Cause
Ja sillä sipuli
- Will make a return when Mark H makes his return 😊
SUOMEN CUP QUARTER FINALS
EUROPEAN GAMES FEATURING FINNISH TEAMS
Europa Champions League, First Qualifying Round
- HJK Helsinki vs Riga FS (Latvia)
Europa Conference League
- SJK Seinäjoki vs Flora Tallinn (Estonia)
- KuPS vs Dila Gori (Georgia)
- Inter vs Drita (Kosovo)
- Johanna Ruohonen, author – @naisten_laji
- Upcoming guest ‘in conversation’ with Rich, talking about her new book Naisten Laji
Follow our Facebook page for content coming directly from the FFS team; podcasts, blogs etc. There you will also find the link to our Facebook Group, where you can join or, better still, instigate a conversation!
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- FFS Instagram Page
- FFS YouTube Channel – where you’ll see the video from this and previous episodes
You could also follow one (or all) of us on Twitter: